We are constantly working to improve our delivery of the High Point Ireland website as a multi-purpose online platform for our growing and diverse community. Since the earliest stages of the project in 2011, our goal has been to set up a website which functions as a continuous fundraising campaign to support good causes. From this early concept, the High Point Ireland website has evolved to become a truly outward-facing “first-stop” information resource and community hub.
Our main objectives are:
- to function as the official website of the Gribbon list of Ireland's major geographical high points;
- to ensure that the High Point Ireland website retains and strengthens its position as the online hub for Irish geographical high point information and the associated sports discipline of Highpointeering;
- to develop and promote the High Point Ireland community and the sport of Highpointeering;
- to develop and promote what is by far the most interesting of all Irish "tick-list" walking challenges (e.g. the County Gribbon challenge);
- to serve as the official online social hub for the High Point Ireland community by providing enhanced social media integration (e g. single-click social media search results from within the website) and outgoing links to relevant third-party websites and blogs;
- to ensure the best possible online experience for our site visitors by providing a well-designed, modern website which is free to use, does not require signing in, is easy to navigate, has an uncluttered layout, and is responsive to any display size (e.g. smartphones and tablets);
- to encourage and acknowledge achievement within the High Point Ireland community by offering a range of awards.
- to help raise funds for good causes;
- to use business advertising fees earned by the High Point Ireland website to cover the cost of operating and developing the website and its wider family of free-to-use websites (e.g. www.theirelandwalkingguide.com);
- to provide a free advertising platform for walking guide services, walking clubs, and walking events;
- to provide a competitively-priced advertising platform for local businesses who offer goods and services to visiting tourists and outdoor enthusiasts;
- to be an outward-facing community hub by promoting relevant individuals, groups, events, businesses and third-party websites through an expanding network of outgoing links and marketing opportunities;
- to demonstrate a forward-thinking ability by keeping up to date with the latest trends and technologies (e.g. social media);
- to give honest reports of basic website performance figures (i.e. the total number of unique visitors and page views) voluntarily every three months accompanied by evidence in the form of analytical graphs.