Step up for County Tipperary
- Is County Tipperary your home county?
- Are you an experienced and well-equipped hillwalker / mountaineer?
- Can you self-navigate confidently through rugged and exposed terrain in any weather using a hardcopy paper map and compass?
- Would you like to represent County Tipperary in an all-Ireland sport?
If you answered yes to all four of the above questions, we invite you to #StepUpForCountyTipperary in the All-Ireland Hillwalking Counties Championship. For a chance to become a member of your county's Sport Hillwalking team, you must compete in the All-Ireland Hillwalking Championships as an individual (click here for participation instructions).
Find out when the current or upcoming championships are taking place by visiting our sports competition status page. The Sport Hillwalking season is scheduled to start on 1st March and end on 31st October each year.
In early November, the five highest point-scoring individuals representing County Tipperary will be identified as the county's official Sport Hillwalking team in the All-Ireland Hillwalking Counties Championship. Their scores added together will become the county's overall score for the year. A county must be represented by at least 2 individuals to qualify as a team.
Hillwalkers representing Team County Tipperary will also be representing Team Munster.
Encourage the team
Even if you are not participating in the All-Ireland Hillwalking Counties Championship, we invite you to encourage your county's Sport Hillwalking team on social media. All you need to do is post this page's URL on Facebook or Twitter (the image below containing your county's location map and hashtag will automatically appear in the post). And don't forget to include #StepUpForCountyTipperary in the post's text.
County Tipperary's previous placings are listed below. The 2022 All-Ireland Hillwalking Championships are scheduled to start on 1st March and end on 31st October. Click here to find out how you can take part. The next results will be announced in November 2022.
|2021||2nd||324 points||Josephine O'Brien
2020 - 3rd place (315 points)
- Josephine O'Brien (202 points)
- Johnny O'Brien (113 points)
2019 - 2nd place (622 points)
- Josephine O'Brien (324 points)
- Johnny O'Brien (298 points)
2018 - 2nd place (709 points)
- Josephine O'Brien (394 points)
- Johnny O'Brien (315 points)
2017 - 5th place (315 points)
- Johnny O'Brien (159 points)
- Josephine O'Brien (156 points)
2020 - No times registered