Do you have what it takes to become an Irish hillwalking champion? If so, we are delighted to offer you that chance. The All-Ireland Hillwalking Individuals Championship is the ultimate outdoor sports competition contested in the Irish uplands. It is free to enter and is open to all experienced hillwalkers.
Click here for participation instructions.
Find out when the current or upcoming championships are taking place by visiting our sports competition status page. The Sport Hillwalking season is scheduled to start on 1st March and end on 31st October each year.
The following process is used to decide all competitor placings in the All-Ireland Hillwalking Individuals Championship:
- All submitted Sport Hillwalking Entry Forms as we receive them between 1st February and 30th June.
- Each competitor's overall score is tallied in early November (i.e. Rounds 1 - 8 combined).
- Competitors are placed in order according to their overall score, from the highest scorer to the lowest.
- The highest-scoring competitor is the Champion.
- We aim to announce a full set of results across all categories by mid-November.
- The 2024 All-Ireland Hillwalking Individuals Championship will take place between 1st May and 31st August.
- Click here for participation instructions.
- The results will be announced in September 2024.
|1st||DILLON LYNCH||479 points||GOLD|
|2nd||PATRICK O'BRIEN||476 points||SILVER|
|=3rd||VINNY McINERNEY||303 points||BRONZE|
|=3rd||EDDIE ROOFE||303 points||BRONZE|