Does your club have what it takes to be Ireland's top Highpointeering team? If so, we are delighted to offer you that chance. The All-Ireland Highpointeering Clubs League is a unique outdoor sports competition based on the official Irish High Points list. The League is open to walking clubs who visit High Point locations throughout Ireland. To take part, club members must log their visits while present on site and register them with us via our online form no later than 30th September.
To take part in the All-Ireland Highpointeering Clubs League, hillwalkers must participate in the All-Ireland Highpointeering Individuals League competition. This initiative requires participants to visit High Point locations throughout Ireland, log them using the Peakhunter smartphone app, and register them with us via the Highpointeer Score Form hosted on our website. Each participating walking club can be represented by up to five of its members. The Clubs League is only open to clubs who are have a profile page on The Ireland Walking Guide website.
Instructions for individual club members
- Take part in the All-Ireland Highpointeering Individuals League (click here for participation instructions).
- Let your club committee know that you are representing the club in the All-Ireland Highpointeering Clubs League.
- Direct a member of your club's committee to the "Instructions for club committee members" below to ensure that your club is eligible to be represented in the All-Ireland Highpointeering Clubs League.
- If your club is eligible to be represented it will have a profile page on The Ireland Walking Guide website and appear as an option in the Highpointeer Score Form.
Instructions for club committee members
- Please make sure that your club has a profile page on The Ireland Walking Guide website (click here to get this set up). Clubs without a profile page cannot be included as an option on the Highpointeer Score Form which prevents them from being represented in the Clubs League.
- If your club has a profile page, tell your fellow members about the Clubs League and that they can contribute to the club's official score by participating in the All-Ireland Highpointeering Individuals League competition.
- If your club is one of the three highest-scoring clubs, we will email you a Clubs Entry Form. Failure to submit a Clubs Entry Form will cost your club the top-3 placing earned by its members. In this case, your club's placing will be offered to the next placed club and so on until we have an official top-3. Failure to submit a Clubs Entry Form would also rule out your club's chance of winning the All-Ireland Hillwalking Clubs Championship. Submission of a completed Clubs Entry Form is the official confirmation of a walking club's participation in the All-Ireland Highpointeering Clubs League. It is also our way of verifying that individuals claiming to represent your club are in fact members of your club.
- Complete and submit the online Club Entry Form before the end of 15th October (unless instructed otherwise by email).
Every individual hillwalker who also takes part in the All-Ireland Mountain Race as well as the Highpointeering Leagues (and submits the relevant online forms for each) during the same sport hillwalking season is automatically entered into the All-Ireland Hillwalking Championships for that year. Hillwalkers who only take part in one of the two competitions will not qualify for that year's Individuals Championship but their efforts can still help to boost their club's, county's and province's chances in the team championships.
The three walking clubs who accumulate the highest point-scores during the sport hillwalking season will secure the top three placings in that year's All-Ireland Highpointeering Clubs League competition. The selection process is as follows:
- All submitted Highpointeer Score Forms are automatically added to a secure spreadsheet.
- Each completed Highpointeer Score Form received is manually checked and verified.
- After the submissions deadline (30th September), the final version of the spreadsheet containing all verified Highpointeer Score Forms received during the year is interrogated and the five highest-scoring entrants from each walking club are identified.
- Each club's overall score is tallied and the three highest-scoring clubs are identified.
- A Clubs Entry form is emailed to each of the three highest-scoring walking clubs to be completed and submitted no later than 15th October. If any of the three highest-scoring clubs fail to submit a Clubs Entry Form, it will loose out on the top-3 placing earned by its members. In this case, the club's placing will be offered to the 4th placed club and so on until we have an official top-3. Failure to submit a Clubs Entry Form would also rule out the club's chance of winning the All-Ireland Hillwalking Clubs Championship.
- The three walking clubs with the highest scores are announced in October.
- The 2021 All-Ireland Highpointeering Clubs League was scheduled to start on 20th March but has been postponed due to the travel restrictions which are in place to minimise the spread of Covid-19.
- Click here to find out how you can take part.
- Results will be announced in October 2021.
- WINNERS - Peaks Mountaineering Club (324 points)
- WINNERS - Peaks Mountaineering Club (202 points)
- WINNERS - Peaks Mountaineering Club (394 points)
- 2nd PLACE - Sligo Mountaineering Club (348 points)